Údarás na Gaeltachta, is a regional state agency which is responsible for the economic, social and cultural development of Irish-speaking (Gaeltacht) regions of Ireland. Its stated purpose is to strengthen the Gaeltacht communities, to increase the quality of life of its community members and facilitate the preservation and extension of the Irish language as the principal language of the region. It gives funding to small local businesses that have to compete with foreign companies. A part of this funding and support is the Online Trading Scheme.
Grant Rate and Amount
Under the Trading Online Scheme a maximum grant of up to €2,500 or 50% of eligible expenditure, excluding VAT, whichever is lesser, is available to eligible businesses to develop and strengthen their ability to trade ‘online’.
There are a few criteria that a business has to meet however the scheme is targeted at businesses with the following profile:
- Microenterprises (with up to ten employees) located in the Gaeltacht;
- which are trading for at least 6 months prior to date of application;
- With an annual turnover of less than €2m a year, and
- who wish to develop or to upgrade an e-commerce site (rather than a brochure website).
What can the grant be used for?
- IT consultation;
- Development or upgrade of an e-commerce website;
- Implementing Online payments or booking systems;
- Purchase of Internet related software;
- Purchase of online advertising (this purchase cannot make up more than 30% of approved Scheme costs and can only be drawn down in one payment phase);
- Developing an app (or multiplatform webpages);
- Development of a digital marketing strategy;
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy;
- Training/skills development specifically to establish and manage an on-line trading activity.
Údarás na Gaeltachta has been a fantastic for business in Gaeltacht areas in Ireland. They have expertise on business management from the inception stage all the through to multi million Euro companies. The odds are that Údarás na Gaeltachta can help you too now with support for your website or online project.
Contact Webglic today to find out how to get this support. Switch your website from mearly a brochure to a tool that can generate business for you while you work, sleep and enjoy vacations. Get your website working for you and release its full potential. This all starts with a call to 087 2716947 or contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can get more information on the scheme here: https://udaras.ie/en/business/how-we-help/online-trading-scheme/